Any differences in those stores?
As I said, there may be differences between those grocery stores. (If you don't read previous entry, read it first.)
This time, I went to see the customers at those stores, Walmart at Ala moana, Don Quijote at Kaheka, Costco at Hawaii kai, Nijiya Market at Ala moana, Foodland at Ala moana, Marukai Market Place at Ward, Food Pantry at Waikiki, and Whole Foods at Kahara. And, I'm going to review how many parents put their children in a shopping cart with store characteristic.
For those who don't know how the stores look like...








Which stores do you think parents put their children in a shopping cart the most?
Here is the ranking below... (examined on 6/10 and6/11 in daytime)
1st Costco Over 10 parents
2nd Walmart About 7 parents
3rd Don Quijote About 4 parents
4th Marukai Market Place About 1 parents
5th Foodland No
5th Nijya market No
5th Whole Foods No
Your expectation is correct?? Now, let's see the differences.
So, In Costco at Hawaii kai, the number one store where kinds sitting on shopping cart, I could see many many parents who put their children in shopping cart. As you may know, the choosing cart is the biggest in other stores I mentioned above because big furniture is also sold there. Plus, Costco is very huge, so it is a little hard for kids to walk through the store whole time. Well, Costco is more likely to be a..... like home improvement center than grocery store?? It looks like no one cares about that, and neither do I.
In Walmart at Ala moana, there were many families there when I was there. I think the number of families was the most. Come to think of it, Walmart is not kids of grocery store. However, the behavior of kids in Walmart was terrible. Some of them jumped over and over in a shopping cart and ate something dropping a piece of food in the cart. I didn't see them carefully before, so I was super surprised. In Costco, the behavior was not bad. They were quiet and calm. Averagely, the behavior was the most terrible at Walmart...
In Don Quijote, I didn't see many families there. Most of the customers were women and tourists at that time. I mean there were not so many families with their kids. Couples were maybe 7 pairs??
Although I already knew that, the shopping cart was really dirty. Kids sitting on shopping cart and dirty cart.... The kinds will be also dirty because of the cart. If you care about food you will eat, don't use the shopping cart and try to use a shopping basket. It is much better at least.
In Marukai Market Place, there were not so many customers there, so I couldn't find such parents. If time was different, the result would be changed. The chopping cart was also dirty like Don Quijote. It's not because of kids, because I couldn't find them at that time. It's because the shopping cart is on outside as the same as Don Quijote. Well, if shopping cart is on outside, there is no way shopping cart is clean.
In Foodland, I didn't see parents who put their children in chopping cart, but there were many families. The children just walked. The cart should be fine. Because of new store, everything like floor, interior decoration, shopping basket, etc, is good condition. However, food quality was not so good. And, this is just my opinion. Other Foodland was really awful. I don't remember where it is, but it was really awful. When I entered it, I just left in 3 seconds. It was like this...
In Nijiya Market, NO ONE put children in shopping cart. Also, the shopping cart is smaller than any other grocery stores, so if kids were sitting on the cart, parents would not be able to put any other food in the cart. I didn't see families there at that time. Most of the customers were just one person. About shopping cart, well, it's okay. It was not so bad and good, but it is the best in other stores I mentioned.
In Whole Foods, I didn't see not many families there. I mean, I saw them, but their kids just walked. I'm not sure, but maybe it depends on time?? Actually, whenever I go to Whole foods, I don't see such parents who put children in chopping cart. The cart is the same as Nijiya Market. It's not so bad and good. The cart is, well.... okay. You know what I mean??
These things above are what I thought. If you care about shopping cart and food condition , you should use the three stores, Foodland, Nijiya Market, and Whole Foods. Of course, it depends on time, so this research is just reference. Also, this research may be based on my own decision and prejudice. If you want to know more precisely, go check yourself!!
HIRO
This time, I went to see the customers at those stores, Walmart at Ala moana, Don Quijote at Kaheka, Costco at Hawaii kai, Nijiya Market at Ala moana, Foodland at Ala moana, Marukai Market Place at Ward, Food Pantry at Waikiki, and Whole Foods at Kahara. And, I'm going to review how many parents put their children in a shopping cart with store characteristic.
For those who don't know how the stores look like...








Which stores do you think parents put their children in a shopping cart the most?
Here is the ranking below... (examined on 6/10 and6/11 in daytime)
1st Costco Over 10 parents
2nd Walmart About 7 parents
3rd Don Quijote About 4 parents
4th Marukai Market Place About 1 parents
5th Foodland No
5th Nijya market No
5th Whole Foods No
Your expectation is correct?? Now, let's see the differences.
So, In Costco at Hawaii kai, the number one store where kinds sitting on shopping cart, I could see many many parents who put their children in shopping cart. As you may know, the choosing cart is the biggest in other stores I mentioned above because big furniture is also sold there. Plus, Costco is very huge, so it is a little hard for kids to walk through the store whole time. Well, Costco is more likely to be a..... like home improvement center than grocery store?? It looks like no one cares about that, and neither do I.
In Walmart at Ala moana, there were many families there when I was there. I think the number of families was the most. Come to think of it, Walmart is not kids of grocery store. However, the behavior of kids in Walmart was terrible. Some of them jumped over and over in a shopping cart and ate something dropping a piece of food in the cart. I didn't see them carefully before, so I was super surprised. In Costco, the behavior was not bad. They were quiet and calm. Averagely, the behavior was the most terrible at Walmart...
In Don Quijote, I didn't see many families there. Most of the customers were women and tourists at that time. I mean there were not so many families with their kids. Couples were maybe 7 pairs??
Although I already knew that, the shopping cart was really dirty. Kids sitting on shopping cart and dirty cart.... The kinds will be also dirty because of the cart. If you care about food you will eat, don't use the shopping cart and try to use a shopping basket. It is much better at least.
In Marukai Market Place, there were not so many customers there, so I couldn't find such parents. If time was different, the result would be changed. The chopping cart was also dirty like Don Quijote. It's not because of kids, because I couldn't find them at that time. It's because the shopping cart is on outside as the same as Don Quijote. Well, if shopping cart is on outside, there is no way shopping cart is clean.
In Foodland, I didn't see parents who put their children in chopping cart, but there were many families. The children just walked. The cart should be fine. Because of new store, everything like floor, interior decoration, shopping basket, etc, is good condition. However, food quality was not so good. And, this is just my opinion. Other Foodland was really awful. I don't remember where it is, but it was really awful. When I entered it, I just left in 3 seconds. It was like this...
In Nijiya Market, NO ONE put children in shopping cart. Also, the shopping cart is smaller than any other grocery stores, so if kids were sitting on the cart, parents would not be able to put any other food in the cart. I didn't see families there at that time. Most of the customers were just one person. About shopping cart, well, it's okay. It was not so bad and good, but it is the best in other stores I mentioned.
In Whole Foods, I didn't see not many families there. I mean, I saw them, but their kids just walked. I'm not sure, but maybe it depends on time?? Actually, whenever I go to Whole foods, I don't see such parents who put children in chopping cart. The cart is the same as Nijiya Market. It's not so bad and good. The cart is, well.... okay. You know what I mean??
These things above are what I thought. If you care about shopping cart and food condition , you should use the three stores, Foodland, Nijiya Market, and Whole Foods. Of course, it depends on time, so this research is just reference. Also, this research may be based on my own decision and prejudice. If you want to know more precisely, go check yourself!!
HIRO
コメント
コメントを投稿