Honolulu Police
For last entry, I'll talk about police in Hawaii and Japan.
There are also interesting differences between them, so let's take a look.




Here are some pictures about Honolulu Police.
What I want to talk about is broadly two things, numbers of police stations and numbers of the drivers.
Do you know where police stations or offices are?
I actually know two places, which is on Waikiki Police Station showed in one of the pictures and on Paki Avenue. But, I'm not sure whether the police station on Paki Avenue is correct location.
If you were born and raised in Hawaii, you would think it's just normal thing, but for me, this is very curious.
In Japan, each train station has at least one small police station, and you would be able to see the station at least once wherever you go even if you don't use train station.
I see only police cars here, not police station. That's also interesting.
Here are differences between police car in Hawaii and in Japan below.
Inside of the police car, you would be able to see a cage for a suspect. In Japan, there is no such cage inside of police car. This is because a suspect in U.S. is more dangerous than one in Japan?? I'm not sure about this, but I think it's fine that police car in Japan introduces such cage for a suspect.
I've heard that some police officers bring their own car such as, SUV as police car in Hawaii. That's why the cost of gasoline is paid by police department. This means it might be better to use a car as police car to get money for that. (The cost is paid only for their use of a car as police car, not daily use.) In Japan, police car is only for police. You never bring any car as police car.
In Hawaii, I've never seen police officers getting on a bike. In Japan, it's common for the officers to use a bike for their patrol. I know it's not good way to use it in Hawaii.
Also, I often see just one police officer in the car. In Japan, usually, two police officers get in the car. I've never seen just one police officer gets in the car in Japan.
These are differences between Hawaii and Japan I could come up with.
Next, I'll show you police stations and cars in Japan and explain differences and my expectation about them.
HIRO
There are also interesting differences between them, so let's take a look.




Here are some pictures about Honolulu Police.
What I want to talk about is broadly two things, numbers of police stations and numbers of the drivers.
Do you know where police stations or offices are?
I actually know two places, which is on Waikiki Police Station showed in one of the pictures and on Paki Avenue. But, I'm not sure whether the police station on Paki Avenue is correct location.
If you were born and raised in Hawaii, you would think it's just normal thing, but for me, this is very curious.
In Japan, each train station has at least one small police station, and you would be able to see the station at least once wherever you go even if you don't use train station.
I see only police cars here, not police station. That's also interesting.
Here are differences between police car in Hawaii and in Japan below.
Inside of the police car, you would be able to see a cage for a suspect. In Japan, there is no such cage inside of police car. This is because a suspect in U.S. is more dangerous than one in Japan?? I'm not sure about this, but I think it's fine that police car in Japan introduces such cage for a suspect.
I've heard that some police officers bring their own car such as, SUV as police car in Hawaii. That's why the cost of gasoline is paid by police department. This means it might be better to use a car as police car to get money for that. (The cost is paid only for their use of a car as police car, not daily use.) In Japan, police car is only for police. You never bring any car as police car.
In Hawaii, I've never seen police officers getting on a bike. In Japan, it's common for the officers to use a bike for their patrol. I know it's not good way to use it in Hawaii.
Also, I often see just one police officer in the car. In Japan, usually, two police officers get in the car. I've never seen just one police officer gets in the car in Japan.
These are differences between Hawaii and Japan I could come up with.
Next, I'll show you police stations and cars in Japan and explain differences and my expectation about them.
HIRO
コメント
コメントを投稿