Kids in a shopping cart!?

Many of you have seen that kids are in a shopping cart at a grocery store.
 Yeah, right. Actually, there is a space for them to sit, and many parents would be able to shop there looking at their little children. But, in Hawaii...























They aren't little children, are they!? (Just image of what I said)


I've never seen that such not little children are in a chopping cart in Japan. If you put your children there like this picture in Japan, you will definitely warned by a staff at a grocery store. The space where the children in the picture are sitting is for items of a store, right? I don't want parents to make their children do that. What do you think about this?? No one cares about that here? 
Okay, if you say so, I'll consider other things. Needless to say, the children walk around and may step on soil or trash outside. The space must be dirty after they are sitting there without any doubt.
Think about other people...


Now, I'm going to think about it more deeply comparing a shopping cart in Japan with one in Hawaii (I'm not sure what's going on about this in other states in U.S., so just in Hawaii.).



Now, let's take a look a shopping cart in Japan.













Right. As you may think, ones in Japan are really smaller than ones in Hawaii.
Most grocery store in Japan use this size for shopping cart. Before we use this car, we put regular shopping basket like the picture below.

















The size of items at a grocery store in Japan is smaller than the size of items in U.S., so we really don't need such big shopping cart like the first picture.

That's why Big Children would never be able to sit there in Japan in the first place. IMPOSSIBLE!!


I thought I tried to compare one in Japan with one in Hawaii, but I can't do that because condition is different....

Now, I recall one thing.
Actually, I often see big children sitting on a shopping cart, but I think it perhaps depends on a grocery store...? I often see them in Don Quixote, Walmart, Costco, Marukai Market and Foodland. I don't often or have never seen them in Food Pantry, Nijiya Market, and Whole Foods. What else...?



Next time, I will check them out depending on such stores and make my expectation for that....



HIRO











コメント