Many Bumps and Holes on Roads!!
I never cared about bumps and holes on roads in Japan so much, and I think there are not so many of them in Japan. But, here, wherever I go, I can see many of them. Some of you from Hawaii may think it is just a normal thing, but for me, I was really surprised when I noticed that there were so many bumps and holes on roads.
Here are some pictures of bumps and holes below that I found near KCC and at Waikiki (you also can see them easily).



How is it?? You have seen such holes and bumps like the pictures, right??
When you get on the bus, the bus often jumps over and over. I think the cause is mostly such bumps and holes on roads.
What I want to say is not such roads must be fixed. I mean it's better there are no such things on roads.
However, it must cast to fix them so much, and I think the government wants to use money for other things, such as.... improvement of tourism? Maybe?
Some of you may think it's just normal thing that such bumps and holes are on roads, but for me, that surprised me. If you go to Japan and see around, you will find there are not so many bumps and holes on roads.
I'm not sure this is correct, but some Japanese people would say the government wastes too much money to fix roads. I used to think the same way, but now it is not so bad. Such holes and bumps like the pictures would be cause of traffic accident. A car would be able to go through them, but how about a motorcycle and bike?? Their wheels are just small, so it is dangerous for people who use a motorcycle and bike.
Well, I don't think the government in Hawaii have to fix such bumps and holes perfectly, but many visitors from outside come to Hawaii and would enjoy going sightseeing attending various kinds of tours. That's why at least, I think the government needs to care about roads at Waikiki and Diamond Head Rd for the visitors. See the first picture that I posted. It is taken at Waikiki, and the bumps are a little big, aren't they?? A trolley bus will jump over and over and in the end, visitors on the bus would...... Never Mind.
Okay, so we will see ones in Japan next time, then let's compare Hawaii with Japan!!
HIRO
Here are some pictures of bumps and holes below that I found near KCC and at Waikiki (you also can see them easily).



How is it?? You have seen such holes and bumps like the pictures, right??
When you get on the bus, the bus often jumps over and over. I think the cause is mostly such bumps and holes on roads.
What I want to say is not such roads must be fixed. I mean it's better there are no such things on roads.
However, it must cast to fix them so much, and I think the government wants to use money for other things, such as.... improvement of tourism? Maybe?
Some of you may think it's just normal thing that such bumps and holes are on roads, but for me, that surprised me. If you go to Japan and see around, you will find there are not so many bumps and holes on roads.
I'm not sure this is correct, but some Japanese people would say the government wastes too much money to fix roads. I used to think the same way, but now it is not so bad. Such holes and bumps like the pictures would be cause of traffic accident. A car would be able to go through them, but how about a motorcycle and bike?? Their wheels are just small, so it is dangerous for people who use a motorcycle and bike.
Well, I don't think the government in Hawaii have to fix such bumps and holes perfectly, but many visitors from outside come to Hawaii and would enjoy going sightseeing attending various kinds of tours. That's why at least, I think the government needs to care about roads at Waikiki and Diamond Head Rd for the visitors. See the first picture that I posted. It is taken at Waikiki, and the bumps are a little big, aren't they?? A trolley bus will jump over and over and in the end, visitors on the bus would...... Never Mind.
Okay, so we will see ones in Japan next time, then let's compare Hawaii with Japan!!
HIRO
返信削除I'm interested in the topic because I also think that Hawaiian road is not clean:(
Actually, country side of Japan has some unclean road, but everyone doesn't care too much because cars might not through the way often...
But in Hawaii, there are many bumps and holes on roads even Waikiki! I was so surprised when I came to Hawaii first time.
I don't care about these because these become very familiar. lol
I agree that Hawaii really seems to have some of the worst roads that I've ever travelled on (for a first world country anyway...). I am currently staying in Tokyo with my family for the summer and I honestly don't believe I've ever seen such poorly maintained roads like it is the norm in Hawaii. Japan's government I feel like is really good about taking care of public areas and their people and deal with such issues very quickly and efficiently.
返信削除