Many Kinds of Busses in Japan
Now, let's take a look at busses in Japan. As I said, because there are many bus companies, there are also many designs and colors of bus in Japan. (Read previous entry first if you don't read it.)
Here are pictures below...




These are examples of busses you can see in Japan.
See?? These are really colorful.
The fares of such busses are of course, different, so you might be confused if you use them for the first time.
Unlike The Bus in Hawaii, the inside of the busses are not so cold. They don't bump up at all.
These are good points.
However, as you can see them in the pictures, these busses are really small compared to The Bus.
This means the inside of the busses is also small. They can't carry a lot of people at once.
For wheelchair users, The Bus can automatically get them to the inside, but in Japan, the drives need to help them to get on the busses.
These are bad points I could come pup with in Japan
Here is interesting point.
When you use The Bus and get off the The Bus, you can leave it from any doors, right? It doesn't matter which doors you use.
However, in busses like the pictures showed in Japan, there are usually two doors on front and back, and one is only for exit. The other is only for entrance. That's why people in Japan know that as common sense, and they usually get off the busses only from the exit door even if they stand close to the entrance door.
This is exactly cultural difference, isn't it?
That's all for this topic. I think you can see good points and bad points between one in Japan and in Hawaii.
HIRO
Here are pictures below...




These are examples of busses you can see in Japan.
See?? These are really colorful.
The fares of such busses are of course, different, so you might be confused if you use them for the first time.
Unlike The Bus in Hawaii, the inside of the busses are not so cold. They don't bump up at all.
These are good points.
However, as you can see them in the pictures, these busses are really small compared to The Bus.
This means the inside of the busses is also small. They can't carry a lot of people at once.
For wheelchair users, The Bus can automatically get them to the inside, but in Japan, the drives need to help them to get on the busses.
These are bad points I could come pup with in Japan
Here is interesting point.
When you use The Bus and get off the The Bus, you can leave it from any doors, right? It doesn't matter which doors you use.
However, in busses like the pictures showed in Japan, there are usually two doors on front and back, and one is only for exit. The other is only for entrance. That's why people in Japan know that as common sense, and they usually get off the busses only from the exit door even if they stand close to the entrance door.
This is exactly cultural difference, isn't it?
That's all for this topic. I think you can see good points and bad points between one in Japan and in Hawaii.
HIRO
Hi Hiromasa! I usually don't use a bus in Japan but I prefer The Bus in Hawaii to Japanese one because Hawaii's is more simple and nobody wouldn't get confused. When I used a bus in Japan, I also totally got mixed up with its fare system. It's interesting to compare these differences between Hawaii and Japan. Thank you for sharing!
返信削除Hi, Hiromasa. Although I wasn't interested in a bus, I became interested in a bus because
返信削除since I came to Hawaii, I often use a bus. It is really interesting comparing both Japan and Hawaii's buses. My home town started to introduce the articulated buses a year ago and these buses have similar looking to The bus. I'm going to back to Japan this Summer so I want to try it!
Aloha, Hiromasa.
返信削除I also think that Japanese buses are smaller than The Bus! I usually stand up on Japanese buses and there are too many people in the morning ;( I lived in Tokyo and I used to take buses many times, but I could get off buses from both of doors same as The Bus. Most of buses' fare in Tokyo don't change by distance.